Rosewater and rose oil were used in the traditional medicines of China, India, Assyria, Egypt, Greece and Rome to cure a wide range of medical conditions.
The rosewater, used regularly as a facial wash and toner, will cleanse, soften, stimulate and hydrate the skin - a superb wrinkle reducer. Rosewater is also used as an eyewash, which helps brighten and refresh the eyes.
Rose water cleanses the skin, removing dirt, oil and other pollutants from deep inside the skin pores. Amazingly, it can be used on any skin type without causing irritation.
Rosewater is well-known for its natural healing properties as a good anti-septic, anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory product.
My home made rosewater recipe:
1. The petals must be freshly picked. Pesticides or chemicals should not be used while growing them, which is why it makes sense to use roses that you have grown yourself.
2. Use only petals, not the stem and leaves.
3. Wash with cold water to remove bugs and dirt particles.
4. Place the rose petals in a large pot.
5. Add just enough water to cover the petals. Too much water will give you very diluted rose water.
6. Cover the pot with a lid and simmer on a low flame. The water should be steaming hot not boiling hot.
7. Allow the water to steam until the petals have lost their color and the water has taken on the color of the rose petals.
8. Strain the water and collect in a container. Store it in a refrigerator. It will last longer this way.
Make your own rosewater at home with this method. You can make other herb extracts as well.
In Morocco, it’s frequently mixed with argan oil for a homemade makeup remover. You can also add it to scrubs and directly into bath water. A rose scented bath at the end of a long day is the best antidote to stress.You can mix rosewater in any facial mask you use. Just replace rosewater in place of plain water and see how your face glows like a rose.Incorporate all beauty uses of rosewater into your beauty regimen and get set to bloom like a rose.Enjoy!
Thank you for reading and don't forget: sharing is caring!