Pages

Winter-proof Beauty Kit

Winter is pretty much the worst season when it comes to looking amazing.

Winter comes with its own set of weather-induced frustrations like dullness, itchy scalp, frizzy hair, dry sensitive skin prone to eczema, redness or rashes and let's not forget about chapped lips. Sounds like it is more than we can take!

Winter is a moisture thief and cold winter air mixed with annoying wind have an extraordinarily low moisture content, to the point where they will steal moisture from your skin and hair. This is why the best saving idea is to pre-protect your skin by applying moisturizing cream before you get dressed and step outside.Prevention is more valuable than several applications of cream after you're already red, dry and itchy.


This winter I am well prepared ! I built a winter-proof beauty kit with  favorite essentials items to stay beautiful and still glowing. 
My winter-proof beauty kit includes the following items :



Embryolisse Lait-Crème Concentrè, was developed by a dermatologist specialized in skin diseases in Paris in 1950. Perfect for cold winters before heading outside, for dry sensitive skin, eczema prone skin. Its formula remains extremely simple and effective with nourishing ingredients that restores the skin’s natural glow and gives a boost to tired dehydrated skin.
By the way, apply moisturizer at least 30 minutes to an hour before heading outdoors. Moisturizers containing a lot of water can freeze on skin.

Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Intensive Eye Cream, is another crucial cosmetic product for me.
An ultrarich, age-defying cream that visibly improves the appearance of all types of eye area wrinkles.This treatment contains burnet extract to revitalize cells and counteract loss of firmness. Developed with advanced Shiseido technology and ingredients including Super Bio Hyaluronic Acid N and hydroxyproline, this formula provides intense moisture and supports natural collagen production.
This product is so rich, I could never use it during summer, so I completely abuse it during winter.Is just divine !
Foundation can go on blotchy in winter, so by thinning it down and adding serum you'll get that fresh, luminous glow that won't dry out in the severe cold.

RIMMEL London Lasting Finish 25 Hour Foundation is in my winter -proof beauty kit this year. This foundation is water based and it already has serum incorporated in its formula. Leaves skin feeling hydrated all day and you barely feel it on your skin. It does not have a powdery or matte finish, and for a drugstore foundation is absolutely great. It has vitamin E and SPF 20 for added skin protection.
I am not usually a fan of Rimmel foundations, but this one intrigued me. I love it !
Anastasia Beverly Hills Concealer is also in my beauty kit this winter. Why ? Well cold and low temperature trigger me with dark circles, small imperfections, discoloration. This concealer has perfect formula for me, very creamy, great coverage and it simply melts on my skin. For the past 3 years I am using this concealer almost every winter, and I don't have any reasons to change this habit.

Regarding lips, I find that one lip balm is not enough and every lip-gloss I've used dries the lips even more. Vaseline Lip Therapy did the best job last winter, does the best job this winter and not only for lips :))
I use this product everyday and it does an excellent job on my lips as I have very dry lips but I can also use it as a highlighter for my face too, I tame my frizzy hair with it, I use it on my cuticles, style my eyebrows with it .This product is a savior and is way to brilliant to not be by my side.
Himalaya Herbals Lip Balm with shea butter is also in my make-up bag, in the pockets of my jacket, on my desk, near my bed, just everywhere. Like I said : one lip balm is not enough, and is always great to have a second option in case you are not a fan of the petrolatum products like Vaseline.

My hands need extra protection, just like my face and lips. I want to have nice hands as much as I want to have nice glowy skin on my face.



Sabon Patchouli Lavender Vanilla hand cream, a great unisex lotion, with a light and non greasy texture makes dry, chapped hands inexcusable. I take it with me whenever I go away for weekends, at work, at home, in the car, on the plane. Review available here

I am happy I did not forget to add to my winter-proof beauty kit something for nails: L'ÓREAL  Diamond Force 2-in-1 Serum Basecoat.
It dries fast and keeps my nails from getting stained by dark nail polish. Reinforces and hardens soft, weak nails. Enriched in Calcium XT to help protect nails from splitting.

My winter beauty kit can't be complete without a special bag of tea.

One of the most important items/things for my life and also a winter hero :  Clipper Tea with organic lemon and ginger.


A refreshing, delicious and zesty citrus infusion with the deep and warming zing of ginger. Naturally caffeine-free. Provide the sort of warmth you’re really after, the kind that comes from the inside and radiates out. Relieve menstrual discomfort and has calming properties that may help lower your stress and tension. I highly recommend it to everyone ! Keep in mind that caffeinated and alcoholic beverages dehydrate your skin.

This post was not supposed to be so long, but I write things to help with extra information and not just to promote my favorite cosmetic products. Hopefully, some of you will appreciate the extra info :)
More info and beauty tips for healthy skin and hair during winter you can find also here

What are you doing this winter to keep your skin healthy? If  you have any tips for healthier beautiful skin and hair during winter, please share them with me.

*****
This is not a sponsored post and none of these products were gifted to me. All opinions are my own and I genuinely like and use these products.

12 comments:

  1. M-a tentat foarte tare noul fond de ten de la Rimmel si pana la urma am ales altul de la ei, Stay matte, e pe drum, spre mine, sper sa fie bun :D Cu vremea rece m-am dat si eu pe ceaiuri :D Pupici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eu nu cred ca am nici un fond de ten personal cu efect mat.Am si Match Perfection dar inca nu l-am deschis :))). Imi place foarte mult fondul asta de ten desi e un pic cam "sticky". Rezultatul final e unul foarte glowy care mie imi place foarte mult,consider ca intinereste o piele matura si uscata.Ceaiurile alea sunt din UK,musai sa le incerci pt ca sunt foarte bune ! Pup back .

      Delete
  2. Eu folosesc pe buze si in jurul ochilor crema de galbenele.Este foarte buna , mai ales iarna .Ti-o recomand!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am mai folosit si eu si chiar mi-a placut. Multumesc ca mi-ai reamintit :*

      Delete
  3. Sa stii ca esti o ispita:D Tocmai sunt in cautarea unui nou fond de ten si ma mananca degetelele sa imi fac comanda pentru recomandarea ta :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. De mult mi-am propus sa incerc ceva de la Embryolisse! Eu obisnuiesc sa folosesc cat mai multe uleiuri pe timp de iarna; se pare ca, in cazul meu, functioneaza foarte bine uleiul de cocos, argan, avocado si masline...le folosesc pe par, pe corp si pe fata P.S te-am nominalizat pentru 'The very inspiring blogger award'! Te pup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Multumesc pentru nominalizare girlie ! Din punctul meu de vedere Embryolisse au niste chestii super faine si sper sa le incerci. Apropo de uleiuri pentru piele/par, ma pregateam sa scriu un articol despre uleiul de orez :)) .

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Poti afla mai multe detalii pe site http://www.clipper-teas.com/
      Sper ca se gaseste si prin magazine, au ceaiuri deosebite si preturile sunt acceptabile.

      Delete
  6. Ma tentezi cu crema Shiseido, mai ales ca zona ochilor arata horror la mine in ultimul timp. Crema de galbenele n-am incercat-o in zona ochilor, poate ar fi o idee buna sa o incerc. Sa stii ca si eu te-am nominalizat la The Very Inspiring Blogger Award :D. Te pup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Olivia, multumesc tare mult pt nominalizare !
      Crema de la Shiseido are o textura foarte "ïntensiv grasa "dar fara efectul ala de oil pe care il au unele creme. O folosesc foarte mult in perioada asta rece, dar seara.

      Delete