Pages

2015 Beauty Empties #1

 
Finishing a product is a big deal for a beauty junkie, so I thought I should  also join this "project " and start with my very first post about empty cosmetic products.


 I have such a satisfying feeling when I manage to actually use completely a product, and also like it. I am sure you also feel the same.
 I had all my empty products in a bag and it was kind of overflowing so I just could not wait anymore and I also could not take the risk that my bf finds the bag and just trow it away, by accident :))) -it happened before. 

Here are my empties ! I hope you will enjoy this post as it will include also a mini review.
HAIR  : John Frieda Frizz-Ease Hair Serum
It's not that "super fab" or "super wow" or anything. It's quite pricy for a drugstore product, around 15 euro. My boyfriend likes it a lot, for him it worked better because his hair is shorter and not so thick and dry as mine. It doesn't make your hair greasy, it's light weight and it works quite good, but like I said is nothing WOW. Actually this is the original version, I also have the strong version (apparently something new as they changed the entire lay-out ). I use 3-5 pumps of this on wet hair, then another one on the ends once my hair has dried. My hair is softer, though not completely frizz free. I have been using it for a long time, about 3 years and I think is time to change it .It's a slippery, slightly viscous liquid, silicon, based on Dimethiconol.


L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil UV Filter for colored hair 100ml. A precious blend of 6 flower extracts with nourishing properties for luminous color and sumptuous softness. I love this product, it really exceeded my expectation! A versatile product that can be used on wet or dry hair, before shampoo for extra protection, before styling to protect and transform your hair and as a finishing touch for sumptuous softness and luminous color. It works wanders, it protects my hair color fresh and vibrant, a little bit goes along just great and is in my hair routine for almost 2 years now. It has a great scent, not to heavy, it does not leave my hair oily and it takes me almost a year to finish this bottle. If you want to see more of my hair care routine you can click here .


BODY : Lola by Marc Jacobs 100 ml. I am crazy about this perfume, It's such an exciting and addictive smell. It goes to your brain! Lola has opening notes of pink peppercorn, pear and red grapefruit, a magnetic heart of the fragrance blooms with juicy fuchsia peony and base notes of vanilla, warm tonka bean and creamy musk.I think Lola was created  for a modern free spirit with an irresistible attitude and is not for everyone .This month I already got a new one and because I adore the flower cap and the bottle itself, I will still keep it around. Cant let it go yet, even if is empty.
Kneipp Shawer Oil -Almonds and Argan  200 ml. Such a luxurious spa every time with everything from Kneipp. Soap-free, paraben -free, 70% natural ingredients, without mineral oil and so gentle with my dry skin. It smells delicious, leaves skin clean, smooth and soft. In my opinion Kneipp has the best bath products, similar to Rituals but more affordable and for shower I do prefer Kneipp over Rituals. I won't let go this product and I will always repurchase it.


FACE :Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water 400 ml, designed for sensitive skin and loved by all skin types. The formula is suitable for the face, eye area and lips, has no perfume and comes in a generous 400ml size. I love the size ! So economic ! So easy. So effective and so gentle!
So no excuse not to take your make-up off. I used for years the micellar cleansing water from Diadermine, but because Garnier comes in 400 ml size I decided to replace it. I use in the morning to refresh my skin and I use at night to remove make-up, cleanse and soothe, after I use a milk remover. I love it, is a great product and my favorite micellar cleaning water.
 Diadermine Cleanisng Milk 200 ml, hypoallergenic product but suitable for all types of skin. I use this product for some years and I don't wanna change it. For me is the best cleansing milk, rich in dermo lipids for extra protection and moisture in case you skin is very dry. Extremely gentle, it cleans moisturizes and nourishes the skin without leaving any grease behind. It calms skin because of the rose water and rose extract and it can be used around eye area also. It is truly a gem for a sensitive skin with the tendency towards redness and eczema. I wish it came in 400 ml :))
Etos Eye& Lip make-up remover 125ml, perfect dupe for L'Oreal eye and lip makeup remover and just like its dupe, is specially formulated for waterproof and long-lasting make-up.This product has long been my favorite because it easily removes all my makeup and leaves no greasy residue after use. Mild action, gentle on the thin skin around the eyes. Just 1 gently weep across eyes and lips and you remove every trace of make up, even the very stubborn ones.
Evian Mineral Water Spray. This is a cleansing mist that can remove perspiration, harmful salt, or chlorine. It soothes and dehydrates sun-burned or wind-chapped skin, leaving you with a beautiful, radiant complexion. I use it as a last step in my cleaning routine and just before serum and moisturizer, but also over make-up. I think is a bit over hyped and I am extremely disappointed by the fact that I cant get everything out of the tube. Is always a quarter of it, left in the tube and is expensive. I do prefer Avene over Evian, but is difficult to find it in shops and to expensive to get it online.

Revlon Colorstay foundation 30 ml in 180 Sand Beige, one of my favorite foundation with minimum transfer and probably the best drugstore foundation. Is quite famous so I am not gonna say much about it. This one was made in USA, the consistency was very different than of the ones made in UE, was more thick and I had difficulties of taking it out of the bottle. Because it covers so amazing I don't use any more concealer after. I wish it had a pump ! There were some online rumors that it will have a pump soon, but so far I have not seen any.
Garnier  roll -on anti-blemish concealer  is not empty, is just to much product inside, to much to use before it expires. For personal use I love this concealer, it has a light texture, it easy to use and to cover little pimples. I don't think I will repurchase this item because I barely use it, it expires in 6 months after opening and it always goes to the trash almost full.
Farmasi Styling Mascara in black, a great mascara to my surprise! It has no fall out, is easy to use and it does not clump lashes. It adds volume and length to the lashes. Is quite liquidish as texture and it has a bit of perfume in it and I don't really like that. Is not waterproof and it does not dry out the lashes. Would be a really great mascara if it did not had the wired cheap perfume smell in it.
 De Tuinen Aloe Vera gel 50ml. I can't live without this product. If you want to find out why you can read here. I use a lot of this gel, and from the beginning of 2015 I used 2 jars and just opened the 3rd one.
Yves Rocher Fresh Gel Undereye Bags with Blue Agave plants from Mexico, 15 ml. This product is for the eye area and is supposed to refresh the eye contour, moisturize, illuminate and protect but it does nothing. It just leaves dry and sticky skin behind.
It has a smooth gel texture, clear without any beads or particles in it. I had it from a beauty box and I think I used it for 5-6 time before it went to the trash bin. I was really disappointed with this product ! Fresh cucumber from my fridge does miracle comparing to this "undereye bags gel". Tested under dermatological and opthalmological supervision. No paraben, no mineral oil and no silicone.
Paula's Choice Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum 12 ml, deluxe sample- is an exclusive formula that utilizes a blend of highly stabilized Retinol, potent antioxidants, and skin-repairing ingredients. It reduce redness and soothe sensitive skin, and helps fade red marks from past breakouts. With ongoing use, it will diminish wrinkles, smoother skin, and improve skin tone.
I have sensitive skin prone to contact dermatitis and eczema and this product helped me a lot. It left my skin so soft and smooth. Even though it feels oily it absorbs well and makes your skin feel silky smooth. I love the texture and actually I find the formula to be calming. I am considering repurchasing the full size. 
My sister also had it, but sadly for her it did not work at all and she told me her skin got irritated and she had breakouts from it.
I think this product works better for dry skin than for oily or combination skin, also if you are allergic to Retinol or silicons, you should not use this product. This serum is silicon based and the key ingredients are Retinol, Licorice extract, Bisabolol, Lechitin, Palm oil, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Kelp extract.


NAILS: Essence Nail Art Express Dry Drops is the best thing ever invented! I love to do my manicure but I just hate to wait for the nail-polish to get completely dry and by the time it's dry I already ruin the surface of my nails. Not the first bottle that I finished. You can read a review about this product here
Let me know if you’ve tried any of these products before and your thoughts!

3 comments:

  1. This is a great bunch of empties! I've got the Garnier Micellar water and love it - I'll definitely repurchase when I finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lena.I was really impressed with the Garnier Micellar water!

      Delete
  2. Hi dear! Very interesting post! Lovely blog!
    Would you like to follow each other on GFC, G+, Twitter, Instagram,facebook? Please let me know on my blog so I can follow back. Thank you
    kiss

    http://beautybeybi.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete