Pages

Makeup Talk And All Drugstore Makeup Look

Last year I have done a makeup look with only drugstore products and it ended up more popular than I expected, so I thought why not do this again and more often. I am thinking to actually do a makeup look only with drugstore products at least once a month. I think that would be fun and it will bring you and me the opportunity to discover new makeup gems at the drugstore. I am kind of excited about this!

I tried to use affordable makeup products, most of these products are really good and I use them quite often, alone or in combination with high end products. 


For this look I used some new products like a Bourjois blush I just got a week ago and my new Alverde mascara from dm but also older products from my makeup stash like my 4 year old Catrice  eyebrow set. 

 FACE:  The Ordinary Coverage Foundation - don't ask me about the shade because I need to mix a bunch of them to make something that fits me, but that happens with any foundation, other than that I think this is such an amazing foundation for the price.
               The Body Shop Matte Clay Full Coverage Concealer in Peruvian Lilly - this is the only concealer I am using under my foundation and not on top of it, just because it looks so much better this way. I used this on my chin where at the moment I some small blemishes and a very, very small amount under my eyes and on my eyelid as a primer. If you want to read more about this concealer you can check this review.
                The Body Shop Matte Clay Powder is my absolute favorite powder, I think it costs somewhere around 10 euro. A matte powder that doesn't feel dusty and that doesn't dry out skin. I bought these powders so many times and if you want to know more about this matte powder you have a review here

                  
Bourjois Blush in Cedre De Rose Brune is one of my last makeup additions. I saw that Bourjois has new blushes and I like how they looked and I thought I should try one to see if I like the texture and the color and .... it's the smallest blush ever. LOL. I think it has 2.5g but it looks really pretty and cute and it smells beautiful ! This blush is not very pigmented but it gives a nice, sheer flush of color and a lovely radiance that makes you look fresh and youthful, don't you think?

Catrice Matt Bronzer in Medium Skin  

EYES:  Catrice Eyebrow Set - darkest powder   
                The Body Shop Matte Clay Full Coverage Concealer as a primer
                Bourjois Blush in Cedre De Rose Brune as eyeshadow - it goes on beautiful and even.
                Colourpop Super Shock Shadow in Central Perk used as eyeliner, something else than a classic black
                Alverde False Lash Mascara in Black, this was less than 3 euro but don't expect super dense and curly lashes from it. I hate the wand and for some strange reason I stab myself in the eye almost every time when I use it. I guess you have to zoom in to actually get to see my lashes :)))
                NYX Wander Pencil in Light on my water line - I thought it will make my eye look a bit bigger and I thought maybe it will look cool but now that I look at it (obsessively) I feel like it looks a bit tacky. What do you think ?


LIPS:  Catrice Lip Liner in Cherry On Top 
              Pixi MatteLast Liquid Lipstick in Real Red all over my lips with Peony Pink in the center and blended together for an ombre effect.

 After 8 hours my makeup looked still fresh, my eyeliner never smudged, not even after 14H when I had to remove my makeup. Because I used too much lipstick, after 40 minutes of talking my lipstick started to peal off and I had to wipe it off and re-apply, this time less product. End result was better and the lipstick lasted longer without any other issue like pealing or cracking.


 

24 comments:

  1. wauw ziet er echt super mooi uit! klinken als fijne producten

    ReplyDelete
  2. This concealer makes you look flawless! I relate to cracking my lipstick from talking too much, which is why i tend to go for a lip stain instead. Less cracking and pealing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you,Sabrina!I just added to much lipstick first time, the layer was way too thick and I think that was the main reason, but lesson learned now :)

      Delete
  3. wow you look amazing. thanks for the tips and tricks shared.
    my mom and sister would love this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, happy to hear.Feel free to share it with your mom and your sister !

      Delete
  4. Kristine Nicole AlessandraJune 10, 2019 at 11:59 PM

    The concealer and the foundation worked perfect together! Thanks for the tips on how to apply these products to get the best effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually apply concealer only when is needed and on top on my foundation,this time it was an exception and I did the concealer before my foundation. They really worked perfect together!

      Delete
  5. I love your lipstick shade. Looks so nice! I also have to try that concealer you used. It sure did a good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much,Annemarie.This lipstick shade was such a fun experiment, mixing 2 shades a pink one and a red one, loved it!

      Delete
  6. You look kind of pale but the better thing is that you have a great face. It still compliments so good job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michael,thanks so much!I am kind of pale because we had a long winter and I live in a place where we don't have a lot of sun, but I promise from today on I will work on my tan :)

      Delete
  7. Not much of a make-up person, but these seem great products. You look amazing. Nice lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't personally use make up but my wife would love to take a look at these reviews! It all looks very nice on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be really nice if you could show it to her,maybe she will like it :)

      Delete
  9. I love your lipstick shade and the makeup loolooks amazing on you. I don't use concealer but this one looks good

    ReplyDelete
  10. After finding out how popular your blog went i believe you added more touch of excellent? I Want to know the name of the lipstick you applied, because i think my girlfrnd will like to have this time.. Matte Clay Power is your favourite.. I just browse online and i found out that this power is among the best.. I will tell you some nice i discover if only you will buy me beer lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never really thought that my blog is popular,I am actually blogging for fun and not for money so I honestly don't really care if my blog becomes popular or not. Pixi MatteLast Liquid Lipstick in Real Red all over my lips with Peony Pink in the center and blended together for an ombre effect, this are the products I used for my lips. I am sure that this lipstick combination will look great on your girlfriend too.

      Delete
  11. Love the shade of blush..It looks perfect in you..Love the eyes too. I'm also a fan of concealer. It does the work perfectly in hiding those unwanted blemishes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, you are so gorgeous in that look. I am not a big fan of using makeup but I always saw my sisters using a concealer to look perfect and to hide their blemishes or pimple marks as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much,yes concealer is such a great beauty invention!

      Delete
  13. o wauw! Wat een mooie make-up look. Ik vind vooral de lipstick kleur echt prachtig, staat je heel erg goed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your look! Stunning and fabulous. I definitely feel that I could pull this version

    ReplyDelete